Date(s) - 08/22/20
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Getting started: correct samples are crucial to costing, sales, and production. Learn how to approach the first prototypes cost effectively, and when to have additional samples made. Also get familiar with electronic vs. manual patternmaking, grading, marking, and size range & ratios in the industry. Understand the costs of manufacturing compared to retail prices, including which cost data is necessary and how to obtain it. Example cost sheets and scenarios explored including domestic vs. offshore, estimate vs. actual costs, yield variations, duty categories, and what is included in “overhead”.
- Cost effective prototyping
- Electronic vs. Manual Patternmaking
- Grading, marking, size range & ratios in the industry.
- COGS compared to retail prices
- How to obtain necessary cost data
- Example cost sheets and scenarios
Attendees will receive a link and password to attend the seminar via Zoom. You will also receive valuable resources and forms discussed in class along with the PowerPoint deck.